Monday, April 28, 2008

A GREAT Visit

On Thursday Evening my Dad came to town to visit. As soon as Logan's soccer practice was over we rushed to the airport. I was absolutley amazed but Faith went right to my Dad and was happy :). She doesn't always go to people she doesn't know very well. I think he was familiar to her because there is a picture of my Dad & Kathy on the fireplace and Faith always looks at that picture and moves it around everywhere.

On Friday we picked Logan up from school and went and had pictures made. They turned out GREAT. I am having a very hard time deciding which ones to order. I hate it when they all turn out GREAT and then you have to decide. After pictures we came back to the house, picked up David and went out to dinner. We had Carrabbas and man it was delicious. After we ate til we could eat no more we went to Adventure Landing and my Dad, David, & Logan rode go carts. Faith and I just watched :).

Saturday we went to Logan's soccer game. Logan and his team did great. I think Logan scored atleast 2 goals if not 3. Logan's team won. They are undefeated :). After the game we had lunch and then came back to the house for a much needed nap. After we were all rested we got ready and went to Ted's Montana Grill for dinner. It was delicious!! After dinner we went to the bowling alley and the guys bowled a couple of games. Faith and I just watched :).

On Sunday morning we had to take my Dad to the airport so he could fly home :(. I hated to see him go. We had such a great time and the kids really enjoyed spending time with him. The next time we see him will probably be July which seems like it is far away but I guess the way time is flying by it is just around the corner.

As I have gotten older I have come to realize how important it is to spend time with family and to cherish all the memories. I try to teach this to my children so they will understand the importance of family and the importance of spending quality time with loved ones whenever you can, especially when they live out of town.

I just thought I would share a little about our visit. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend too :).

No comments: